Vacancies at SHDEPHA+ Kahama
Vacancies at SHDEPHA+ Kahama
HTS COUNSELLLORS VACANCY
SHDEPHA+ Mbarali is a non – governmental organization and a branch of national network of SHDEPHA+ Tanzania. The headquarters of the organization are situated in Dar es Salaam. However, SHDEPHA+ Mbarali was established in Mbarali District in 2005 and legally registered under the society ordinance act 1954 and certified with a certificate number SO.NO 8216. Its office is situated at IHANGA STREET- Near RAK/Ihanga Petrol Station
SHDEPHA+ MBARALI works in Mbarali district to support implementation of HIV Prevention, Community Based HIV/AIDS services, Voluntary HIV Counselling and Testing and Gender based violence and Violence against children in Mbarali District. Through funding from Southern Highland Walter Reed Program (WRP) the organization seeks to recruit dedicate and qualified candidates for the following job position below;
Community HTS Counsellors
Working Station: Mbarali District
Reporting to: HTS Focal and Program Coordinator
Contract: 1 year contract and will be renewed depending on the employee performance
Duties and Responsibilities
You will carry out the responsibilities specified below in accordance with your position, in addition to any others your senior or superior may prescribe;
- Providing HTC Services to the community in all program wards
- Conducting HIV Testing and Counselling to targeted groups depending on the donor’s focus
- Providing referrals to respective medical services eg, TB, CTC, Family Planning, STI etc
- Making referral to HIV positive identified clients to CTC/Option B+ for ART services
- Preparing HTS reports and submit on time to HTS Focal and health facilities etc
- Making follow up for referral provided by attaching Positive clients identified with respective CBHSP
- Work together with the health facilities we are collaborating with to obtain RTKs and provide referrals
- establishing and maintaining the HTS tracking record
- Obtain linked clients from CBHS providers, peer educators, and health care professionals so that those clients can receive HIV testing and counseling.
- Working closely with CBHSP and Peer educators in identifying ind
- ex clients in the community for HIV Testing and Counselling
- Adhering the medical ethnics, procedures, guidelines, SOP’s and health policies properly
- Take good care of and responsibly use any organization property that is in your possession in accordance with your position. SHDEPHA+ Kahama
- When your coworkers need your help, be there for them and treat them with respect.
- Utilize all of your abilities, knowledge, and diligence to carry out your duties effectively on the job.
- Degree / Diploma in Nursing, Lab technician, or other related fields with Counselling Certificate provided to non-lab technician
- Two years’ experience in HTS. Community HIV Testing and Counselling is added advantage
- Proficiency in computer packages like MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Data analysis and interpretation skills
Job application procedure
The Program Director should receive cover letters and resumes by mail or email at email@example.com.
NOTE: Candidates must include the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE in order to be considered. Marriage status, place of birth, tribal or religious affiliations should not be listed on a resume. This information will be removed from any CV that is being reviewed for employment. Applications that are hand-delivered won’t be taken into consideration. The application must be submitted by February 6, 2023. SHDEPHA+ Kahama