Jobs at Swisscontact Tanzania
Swisscontact – Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation is a Swiss non-profit-organisation, which carries out projects aiming at reducing poverty.
A program called Skills for Employment (SET) is being run in Tanzania with funding from the Swiss Development Corporation (SDC). It attempts to improve young people’s use of the system for developing their vocational skills.
It helps partners in the public and private sectors increase access to high-quality training that meets demand from the youth as well as the economy. The project increases the usefulness of labor market information for curriculum building, improves the standard of vocational teachers through ongoing professional development, and gives young people, especially women and young mothers, access to specialized practical vocational training.
Procurement and Logistics Officer
Procurement and Logistics Officer at Swisscontact Tanzania January, 2023
The Procurement and Logistics Officer will work under the direction of the Business Administration Manager and will:
Manage the logistics and procurement process for in-country purchases, including travel logistics, by planning, coordinating, and supporting it.
The Procurement and Logistics Officer will perform the following tasks:
- Help and get ready Create a Request for Approval (RFA) and get it approved
- Ensure that all payments are made and cleared with the necessary supporting paperwork by assisting Finance and Administration.
- for the finance team, maintain and produce quarterly asset and inventory reports.
- Maintain office maintenance records and organize them.
- Determine missing and damaged goods, and make disposal suggestions
- Plan and oversee the procurement procedure and process, including the acquisition of quotes and bids analysis, goods and services, events, workshops, and training.
Required qualifications, experience, and competencies
- A minimum of a diploma or bachelor’s degree in a comparable field, as well as relevant job experience An added benefit is having a master’s degree.
Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- experience in supply, logistics, demand planning/forecasting, contracting/contract management, and/or other directly connected procurement and logistics experiences with a minimum of three years’ worth of relevant experience at the national level
Related procurement and logistics experiences.
It would be advantageous if you have prior experience closely collaborating with national or international organizations in a similar capacity.
A similar role would be an advantage.
- strong bargaining and communication abilities
- English proficiency, both written and spoken
- excellent proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17:00 (EAT) on 06 February 2022. The CV and/or the cover letter must include the expected monthly gross salary expressed in TSH.
Please note that:
Female applicants are particularly encouraged to submit applications since Swisscontact respects gender equality.
Applications received after the deadline won’t be taken into consideration.
Only those who have been shortlisted will be called for interviews.
Jobs at Swisscontact Tanzania