Project Driver Job Opportunity at SIGHTSAVER TANZANIA
Project Driver Job Opportunity at SIGHTSAVER
Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Sightsavers Tanzania country office is looking for a Project Driver to provide reliable and safe driving services to Sightsavers partners and staff.
Location: Babati Town Council, Manyara
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
AJIRA MPYA JESHI LA MAGEREZA TANZANIA 2023
Jobs at Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST)
About the role
The Project Driver will carry commodities, assist with logistics relating to transportation, and provide dependable and safe driving services to workers and partners. The driver will also be in charge of ensuring that routine and preventative maintenance is carried out on the vehicles in a way that is both efficient and affordable. Project Driver
Project Driver key duties and accountabilities include:
- Transport project personnel and associated partners as needed
- Use project Calendar to monitor driver planning and scheduling, and to log transportation needs.
- Deliver or distribute project supplies to the targeted districts.
Service vehicle maintenance management
- Plan routine vehicle maintenance at regular intervals.
- Submit an application for a new driver’s license.
- Maintenance of vehicles
- Revise your monthly mileage logs
Information and Communication Management
- Providing the Project Coordinator at site with timely communications and updates
- Support project visibility.
The aforementioned is not a complete list of the responsibilities or necessary professional skills for this function because it is very varied and extensive. For complete information, please refer to the job description here.
Due to the safeguarding element of this role, the successful applicant will undergo a criminal background check.
If selected, you will be a skilled driver who is systematic, organized, and a superb communicator.
- Class C driving license in good standing, a spotless driving record, or VETA VIP driving, as well as the capacity to exhibit defensive driving techniques
- prior experience driving for a living
- Secondary school diploma
- physically capable of reaching, bending, stretching, and sitting for extended periods of time throughout daily activities
- Able to work irregular hours, travel great distances while driving, and even stay the night while working
- Working knowledge of government agencies and partners
- Interpersonal and verbal skills
- Competent working alone
- Dependable, timely, and professionally committed to job and responsibilities
- Organized, capable of following a schedule, and able to adjust to changing schedules or routines
- Superior time management abilities
- Able to help workers and passengers when necessary
- Customer service-oriented
- A dedication to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities
- Able to travel to Dar es Salaam for a two-day interview process.
- Experience of working within an NGO environment
- Experience with administrative tasks
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place from mid-February onwards and the evaluation process will include a first stage driving test by the National Institute of Transport and if successful this will be followed by an in-person interview the following day. The interview process will take place in Dar es salaam. Please note that Sightsavers are unable to cover any accommodation or transports costs over the interview process.
How To Apply
Please submit an application through our recruitment site if you want to be considered for this exciting new opportunity. Your reasons for applying are something we are very interested in learning about.
We aggressively encourage applications from all facets of the community as an equal opportunity employer. Disability-identified candidates are especially encouraged to apply as Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader.
All the best
Also See: Apply Job Opportunities at IITA Tanzania