Full stack Software Developer Jobs at NBC Bank Tanzania, June 2022 | NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Software Developer Jobs at NBC Bank.
Work as part of a DevOps team, apply analysis & testing tools, frameworks, techniques and practices to elicit, define and organize business requirements into user stories. And following this analysis, work collaboratively within squads during design & delivery activity with a specific focus on testing.
• Work with products owners, development team, ICT, business and other key stakeholders to ideate software solutions.
• Work hand on hand with ICT team for deploying and handling over solutions for their level 1 and level 2 support
• Analyze, design and develop web applications, mobile applications, chatbots and backend applications.
• Review and enhance existing software solutions which exist in a banking
• Integrate with new and existing platform’s infrastructures which owned by a bank and other partners of the bank
• Benchmark new technologies and solutions which will add value to the bank
• Write technical documentations and release plan
• Participate in all agile ceremonies and events such as sprint planning, sprint review, community of practice, code review etc
Requirements and Skills Weight: 75%
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer
- Extensive knowledge with backend application languages and their framework (eg. Java, NodeJS, Angular, PHP, Python etc)
- Extensive knowledge with both native and hybrid mobile application languages (eg. Android Java, Kotlin, Swift, Flutter, React Native, Ionic etc)
- Knowledge with multiple database platforms (eg SQL/MySQL, Mongo, Oracle etc)
- Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OATH2)
- Experience in API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, monetization, request and response modifications etc.
- Experience with multiple operating systems (eg Unix, Linux, Windows, MacOS)
- Familiar with Agile methodology’s frameworks and Tools (eg Jira, Git, Trello, Confluence etc)
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending systems/equipment/technologies
- Support existing and newly developed solutions with integrations via API’s based on requirements
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
Manage risk and compliance Weight: 15%
- Together with Risk and Compliance review the key risk and compliance challenges identified in the development area.
- Together with the Risk and Compliance team implement measures to address notable risks and regulatory challenges.
- Implement measures to review the risk and compliance performance of the unit/function on a regular basis and take corrective action.
- Complete all relevant Management Assurance or Risk reports and attestations as required.
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that impact the area are documented and understood by all members of the team.
- Work with Absa Internal Audit and Management Assurance during the scoping of audits to ensure fair coverage.
- Own and agree corrective action items with Internal Audit and Management Assurance for findings related to the functional area under management.
- Arrange issue assurance for closed audit findings.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Ensure the security controls under servers and Database are within the agreed thresholds
Drive Service Levels
- Increase revenue potential for the business by effectively managing service levels of critical solution that will be developed.
- Minimize time-to-resolution(TTR) of business service disruptions through fast real-time root cause analysis that spans complex multi-tiered application environments
- Minimize cost of IT infrastructure through optimizing delivery and performance of business services
- Implement actions resulting from formalized service reviews (including questionnaires, production reporting, loss event reporting, etc.)
- Continuously monitor service levels and implement tactical measures to improve customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships within the Bank to understand the business needs and changes in customer needs.
- Participate in Bank wide forums and governance structures as required or directed.
- Communicate and track the achievement of Service levels (documented in Service Level Agreements) on an ongoing basis and take corrective action as required.
- Manage the operational teams to ensure they deliver reliable services.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Problem solving skills and follow through; Pragmatic and thorough
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with varieties of databases and object-relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Business Processes Improvement and Management
- BSc. In Computer Science, Engineering or related field with informatics as core.
- Experience as a full stack developer with extensive familiarization of languages and framework for mobile application, web and backend applications
- Experience with a variety of MVC frameworks/systems preferably Spring, Laravel, Django; Angular is an added advantage.
- Experience with integrations with Bank products/systems is an added advantage.
- Agile/Scrum and/or Oracle/Microsoft SQL MySQL, PostgreSQL Certifications is an added advantage.
- Must be able to work under pressure, take clear ownership of issues and projects and drive to ensure a successful closure for the customer, peers and IT Production;
Agile ways of working, AWS Developer Associate – Amazon Web Services, Bachelor’s Degree – Computer and Information Science, Experience in a similar environment
How to Apply for Jobs
Follow the link below.